This post is set to appear as a guest post over at The World of Matticus =) so please check there for it to be up soon =)
Last couple patches shamans got a decent chunk of lovin, here’s the patch notes for shamans from the last couple patches, in the next post I’ll start with a bit about some of these changes.
World of Warcraft Patch 3.0.3:
* Bloodthirst: Percentage of damage from attack power raised from 45% to 50%.
* Flurry: Now grants the proper number of charges when it triggers.
* Improved Fire Nova Totem: Increases the damage done by your Fire Nova Totem by 10/20% and your Fire Nova totem has a 50/100% chance to stun all targets damaged by your Fire nova Totem for 2 sec.
* Lava Burst: The base damage has been increased by approx. 10%.
* Maelstrom Weapon: Tooltips corrected to correctly describe the chance for this talent to be triggered.
* Riptide: The initial heal amount has been increased on ranks 3 and 4 and periodic healing has been increased on all ranks.
* Stormstrike: Other shamans can no longer consume charges of your Stormstrike, and each shaman can have their own stormstrike on the victim.
* Storm Reach is now called “Elemental Reach” and now includes Lava Burst.
* Thunderstorm: Mana gain has been increased to 8%.
* Tidal Mastery: Now correctly applies its critical strike bonus to Earth Shield.
* Tidal Waves will now also proc with Riptide.
World of Warcraft Client Patch 3.0.2: Echoes of Doom:
* All totems are now considered on the “Physical” school, and no longer magical spells.
* Anticipation (Enhancement): Now is a 3-point talent, down from a 5-point talent and now reduces the duration of disarm effects on you by 16/25/50%.
* Ancestral Awakening and Improved Water Shield will now affect Riptide.
* Ancestral Knowledge (Enhancement): Now increases your Intellect by 2/4/6/8/10%, instead of increasing your total Mana by 2/4/6/8/10%.
* Call of Flame (Elemental): Now also increases the damage of your Lava Burst spell by 2/4/6%.
* Call of Thunder (Elemental) now also increases the critical strike chance of your Thunder spell.
* Concussion (Elemental) now increases the damage of your Thunder and Lava Burst spells.
* Convection (Elemental) is now a 3-point talent, down from a 5-point talent. Now lowers the mana cost of Thunder and Lava Burst.
* Dual Wield Specialization will now increase the chance to hit while dual wielding by an additional 2/4/6%.
* Earth’s Grasp (Elemental) is now a tier-1 talent, up from tier-2.
* Elemental Devastation (Elemental) is now a tier-2 talent, up from tier-4.
* Elemental Focus (Elemental): Now also can proc off Lesser Healing Wave and Healing Wave, and can be used on all healing spells.
* Elemental Fury (Elemental) now requires Elemental Focus as a pre-requisite
* Elemental Precision (Elemental): Chance to hit reduced to 1/2/3% from 2/4/6%, but threat reduction increased to 10/20/30% up from 4/7/10%.
* Enhancing (Enhancement) Totems is now a Tier 1 talent, up from Tier-2.
* Fire Resistance Totem will now increase fire resistance by 130 and lasts for 5 minutes.
* Flametongue Totem is now a flat spell damage totem. All ranks have been modified.
* Flametongue Weapon: Now has a passive spell damage.
* Flurry now increases attack speed by 15/20/25/30/35% for your next 3 swings after dealing a critical strike.
* Frostbrand’s snare effect has been increased to 50%, up from 25%.
* Ghost Wolf’s mana cost is now 13% base.
* Grace of Air Totem has been removed. (Agility has been rolled over into Strength of Earth Totem)
* Healing Grace (Restoration): Healing Way and Ancestral Fortitude are now affected by the dispel resistance portion of this talent.
* Maelstrom Weapon proc chance reduced to 2/4/6/8/10% on critical hit when you deal damage with a melee weapon. Now affects chain heal and no longer affects Lavaburst.
* Improved Fire Totems (Elemental) is now (again) Improved Fire Nova Totem. It now has a 50/100% chance to reduce the movement speed on all targets for 2 sec.
* Improved Lightning Shield (Enhancement) is now Improved Shields, and is in Tier-2.
* Nature’s Blessing no longer increases spell damage from Intellect, and the effect has been reduced to 5/10/15% from 10/20/30%. This is in result of the new spell power system. Players should notice little to no change in the power of the spell relevant to healing spells.
* New ranks have been added of Water Shield, starting at level 20. (Level 20, 27, 34, 41, 48, 55, 62, 69)
* New Spell: Earthliving Weapon – Imbue the Shaman’s weapon with earthen life. Increases healing done by x and each heal has a 20% chance to proc Earthliving on the target, healing an additionaly over 12 sec. Lasts 30 minutes.
* New Talent: Cleanse Spirit (Restoration) – Cleanse the spirit of a friendly target, removing 1 poison effect, 1 disease effect, and 1 curse effect.
* New Talent: Elemental Shields (Enhancement): Increases the damage done by your Lightning Shield orbs by 5/10/15%, increases the amount of mana gained from your Mana Shield orbs by 5/10/15% and increases the amount of healing done by your Earth Shield orbs by 5/10/15%.
* New Talent: Mental Dexterity (Enhancement) – Increases your Attack Power by 33/66/100% of your Intellect.
* New Talent: Tidal Force(Restoration): Increases the critical effect chance of your Healing Wave, Lesser Healing Wave and Chain Heal by 60%. Each critical heal reduces the chance by 20% and lasts 20 seconds.
* Rockbiter ranks 5 through 9 have been removed. Windfury Weapon is intended to replace Rockbiter at level 30.
* Shapeshifting will no longer cancel Water Walking.
* Stoneclaw Totem: Health of the Stoneclaw totem is increased by 5% of the Shaman’s total health.
* Stoneskin Totem now increases armor instead of reducing physical damage.
* Storm Reach (Elemental): Now also increases the radius of your Thunder spell by 10/20%.
* Strength of Earth Totem now also increases agility.
* The range of all “friendly totems” has been increased to 30 yards, up from 20.
* Tidal Focus (Restoration): Now works with Earth Shield.
* Totemic Mastery talent removed and replaced with “Tidal Force”.
* Totem of Wrath will now last 5 minutes.
* Tranquil Air Totem has been removed. (Threat is being addressed by modifications to the base threat of players and/or “baked” into tanking abilities.)
* Unleashed Rage is now raid wide and increases melee and ranged attack power within 45 yards.
* Windfury Totem is now a flat 20% melee haste totem. All ranks have been modified.
* Windwall Totem has been removed.
* Wrath of Air is now a flat 10% spell haste totem.